A couple of weeks ago, we were looking forward to introducing you to our new Partner, MEANDMYPRO, a new and contemporary online scheduling system; but with the impact the Covid-19 epidemic has had on all of us, our economy, and the direct hit it has had to golf instruction, we (PGTAA and MEANDMYPRO) collectively felt it may be best to wait until things turned around… However, MEANDMYPRO is stepping up and trying to help golf instructors throughout these next several months of uncertainty, as they are waiving all fees through September 30. (no fees/cost for the next 6 months)
Jim Sowerwine, our contact with MEANDMYPRO, stated “I’d like to think no fee/cost for 6 months will help many professionals, both those who use an online system and those who don’t… For those who currently use an online system, 6 months of waived fees will save them some cash flow; and if they were to consider changing online systems, they would have waited until their off-season or downtime to do so anyway. And for those who are currently not using an online system, they will see (or we will show them) how the platform easily allows them to stay engaged with their students during this (or any) downtime; and then when the economy turns the corner, we’ll show them how utilizing the system will help them generate more revenue than they were able to before…”
MEANDMYPRO is a new and contemporary online scheduling system. Its interface is clean, intuitive and has a completely different ‘look and feel’ than the other systems on the market. The system has been developed specifically for golf instruction, with particular attention to being user-friendly and mobile-friendly. While it is new to the U.S. / North America, it has been the most popular online booking system in Germany for the past 8 years, when it was first introduced. The system is built by one of the largest and most reputable IT firms in Germany.
Our point of contact with MEANDMYPRO is Jim Sowerwine. Jim, a 28-year instructor/coach, has personally been using the system for the past two years to help the company “Americanize” it, as he says. Jim is available to do (online share-screen) demos for you and/or answer any questions you may have. He has also put together several videos for you to check out and get a feel for the system. Please have a look at your convenience: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLXkK_mCQ1-IkiP5dr1onhKbkMQOgQfTkn
Jim addresses questions most of you may have:
For those of you who are currently not using an online booking system or maybe have been ‘on the fence’…
“Personally I was ‘on the fence’ myself for even trying an online system because I felt my old way of penciling lessons into my daytimer was working just fine; however, within a couple of weeks of introducing MEANDMYPRO to my clients, I realized I had been totally missing out. In short, my instruction revenue increased, and my life got way easier. Here’s the deal: your clients can now schedule lessons/appointments with you 24/7 (and easily from their mobile phones if they’d like); the system provides you a platform to stay in front of your students, an easy and professional way to market yourself and your services; you can easily set up and promote schools, clinics, programs, packages, specials, coaching memberships, etc.; the system keeps track of your packages so both you and your students see where things stand; and being able to manage your schedule from your phone (from anywhere…) frees up personal time and makes your life way easier. And using the system and its features portrays a more professional image of you and your business.”
For those of you who are currently using an online system:
“What’s the difference and why would I consider changing? First, let me share this… Prior to committing to help MEANDMYPRO enter the market here in the U.S., I first needed to use it myself to see if it had merit; and as I mentioned above, it was a ‘no brainier’ as soon I started using it, but of course you are already know that. In addition, I felt I needed to do a bit of due diligence to see what the other online systems offered golf professionals. So, I signed up with most of the (recommended/popular) systems as both an ‘instructor’ and as a ‘student’. Here’s my (unbiased) assessment: every system that I trialed definitely offers more features than MEANDMYPRO offers, and there were indeed some pretty cool features out there; however, I feel like every interface I trialed had the same ‘busy’ look and feel to it, with way more features than I would ever use. I felt like I needed to be a computer programmer to set things up and to create/promote schools/programs/specials… I’m sure once you get used to it and figure out how to navigate the interface, you’ll feel more comfortable but that’s actually the problem I had with them, there were just too many features and tabs that I don’t need and most importantly, it was way more challenging and cumbersome to book a lesson as a ‘student’, especially trying to do so from my phone.
I also understand you may feel like it would be a pain to change systems but I can tell you that my colleagues using another system who made the switch, have told me multiple times that they’re so glad they did, as are their students… Bottom line: MEANDMYPRO intentionally designed the system to be intuitive, user-friendly, and only provide features specific to golf instruction (not tennis, fitness, music, etc..). And it’s not even close how much more mobile-friendly it is relative to any of the others I’ve seen out there. Anyway, please have a look at one or two of the videos and you’ll see what I’m talking about”. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLXkK_mCQ1-IkiP5dr1onhKbkMQOgQfTkn
MEANDMYPRO’s current standard fee is $30/month or $300 if paid in full for the year.
- The fee for PGTAA members (beginning October 1, 2020) is $25/month or $275 if paid in full for the year.
- However, for the next 6 months (April 1 through Set. 30) all fees are waived using the Promo Code: PGTAA2020. October 1, the fee reverts to the PGTAA member fee of $25/month
Message from Jim regarding cost: –
For those of you who currently use an online system, I know you understand its value; but for those of you who are not using an online system, please keep in mind, generating one additional private lesson (per month) more than covers the monthly fee. You’ll achieve that the first day you introduce it to your students. I assure you; you won’t look back once you start using the system.
How to get started:
Sign up is on https://www.meandmypro.com Once you have completed the registration process, you will be directed to your site and will land on your site’s ‘Dashboard’ (page). There you will see a (one time) ‘pop-up’ with instructions for how to get started with setting up your profile, working times, products, etc. and how to activate your Promo Code: PGTAA2020
Additionally, there are tutorial videos, located within FAQs, to help you throughout the process of getting started and setting things up should you need help. Also, if you need additional help or have any questions, feel free to contact Jim Sowerwine:
- C: 239-272-9631
(Note) The system is web-based (not an app), so be sure to save it onto the home screen of your mobile phone, iPad, or any mobile device, so you’ll have an icon for quick access, just like you have with any app you currently have saved on your home screen. And be sure to check out the mobile phone video (located in the ‘videos’ link above), you’ll find it helpful.
How do my students get set up to access my schedule?
1. Direct them to https://www.meandmypro.com and have them ‘Sign up’ as a ‘Student’ (top of the home page) or send them a direct link to the ‘Student Sign up’ page: https://www.meandmypro.com/Register?regtype=student.
(Note) Be sure to tell your students, once prompted, to select the golf facility where you are located, as that is where they will find you. Signing up requires basic info: name, email, password, and selecting ‘your’ golf facility. The system then sends them an email to verify their email address, and then one ‘click’ later, they’ll be looking at your site with access to schedule an appointment and/or sign up for any of the products, specials, programs, etc. you offer.
2. You may register (sign up) students yourself as well. This feature is located within your ‘Address Book’, just click on ‘Sign Up’ (near the top of the page) and follow the bouncing ball. Once you have registered them, they will then receive an email from MEANDMYPRO, notifying them that ‘you’ have personally signed them up, and they will then be directed to your site through the same process mentioned above. This is the easiest way to sign up for new clients; but if you have many clients in your database, I’d suggest option 1.
Information about IT firm who built and manages the system:
The system has been developed by ‘Netzkern AG’, one of the largest (ranked top 50 in Germany) and most successful software companies in Germany. By the way, they are also shareholders in the company.
- Top 50 full-service digital agency
- 100 employees from more than 15 nations.
- 30,000+ days experience with Sitecore projects
- Sitecore Platinum Implementation Partner, Microsoft Gold Application Development Partner, Mongo DB Partner, Kentico Gold Partner, Google-Partner
- “Top-Employer, 2018” in FOCUS-Business magazine and #1 in the employer-ranking of the internet industry in Germany
Brief bio on Jim Sowerwine:
- 28 Years of Teaching / Coaching Experience
- Class A PGTAA Master Teaching Professional
- Director of Instruction, Rick Smith Golf Academy @ Tiburon (10 years)
- Lead Instructor, Nicklaus-Flick Golf Schools (Boca Raton Resort and Club)
- Instructional Editor (‘Golf Illustrated Magazine’)
- Voted ‘Top 10 Golf Professionals in Naples’ (‘Gulfshore Life Magazine’)
- Has coached multiple Tour Players (to wins on the PGA, Champions, and Nationwide tours)
- Founder / Inventor of the (Jack Nicklaus endorsed) ‘Inside Approach’ Slice Correction Trainer (Voted #1 Swing Trainer two consecutive years ‘Golf Digest Magazine’)
- Multiple Appearances on ‘Golf Channel Academy’
- Played Collegiate golf at UNC-Chapel Hill
- Competed in 5 USGA Championships
- Director of Instruction, Pelican’s Nest Golf Club, Bonita Springs, FL
- MEANDMYPRO / Partner (U.S. and Canada)
- Patriot Golf School Master Instructor