2018 marks our 21st year in certifying professional golf teachers.


The Professional Golf Teachers Association of America (PGTAA) is acknowledged as the Premier Golf Teaching association in the world. Whether its Professional Tour players, Golf Academies throughout the US, Europe and Asia, or the head professionals at private country clubs, public golf courses, golf schools, golf learning centers, driving ranges, indoor facilities, high schools, colleges, universities, and club makers, all agree that the PGTAA program is the Harvard to the Community Colleges of its nearest competitor.

Historically the PGA of America, established in 1916, was the only institution for training and certifying golf teaching professionals. Their program/curriculum involved a three to four-year apprenticeship program and a cost of approximately $5,000.00 with extensive travel to take mandatory tests and to attend seminars at the PGA Education Center in Florida. Additionally, to become a PGA member, an individual must be either a U.S. Citizen or resident alien to be elected to PGA membership and be able to pass a 2-day PAT (Playing Ability Test) shooting to rounds of 74 or less on consecutive days.

The PGTAA is open to all individuals over 21 years of age throughout the world.

The PGA curriculum consists of only about 10% teaching how to teach, whereas the other 90% relates to all aspects of golf management, human resource management, and food and beverage management. The PGA is a great organization whose members do an excellent job of running the nation’s pro shops, promote themselves as teachers and serving the public.
Read more PGTAA >>

Positive SSL